HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2018 AWARDS
Join us in recognizing and congratulating the Health Value Awards recipients, Sunday, April 29, 2018 in Washington, DC.
The ceremony is only open to all participants of WHCC, the 15th Annual World Health Care Congress, April 29 – May 2, 2018, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
Along with the Health Value Awards Ceremony, WHCC participants have access to keynote addresses, in-depth workshops, and 15 concurrent tracks. To grow your network and catalyze health care transformation, register to attend WHCC.
- "The Health Value Awards application process truly brought out the best of the best in the industry. This competition tested the strength of many industry experts, and with that, the most accomplished came out on top. It was truly humbling to have won two awards out of the hundreds of nominees."
- Matthew Painten, Marketing, The Phia Group, LLC
- "We are honored to be recognized for the value Health Tree brings to our clients, but it is those clients, who have been courageous enough to say "no" to the status quo, that we truly celebrate. World class healthcare at significantly lower cost IS possible, and we are grateful for the trust our clients place in us to guide them on this journey."
- Edward Smith, Founder, Health Tree Benefits & Consulting
- "Thank you, the 2018 winners are all great organizations worthy of such praise. The team here at MINES and Associates looks forward to applying next year for a chance to be among these innovative groups with whom we share so many values."
- Dani Kimlinger, PhD, MHA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Chief Executive Officer, MINES and Associates
- "The Health Value Awards are helping transform the marketplace toward improved health outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. As an organization, we are committed to providing high-value and progressive healthcare benefits to our employees and their families. We appreciate the recognition as a Health Value Award Winner."
- Renee Krug, Chief Financial Officer, GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc
- "The Health Value Awards allowed us to showcase our program, meet our competitors, and learn about strategies that have been successful. We look forward to participating next year!"
- Jayne Schmitz, Wellness Program Specialist, Massachusetts Municipal Associates
- "The Health Value Awards are wonderful to recognize leaders in the industry. I'd like to see more categories in prevention and wellness."
- Emily Edwards, Regional Manager, Angiology Corporation
- "Many thanks to Lynne and the World Health Care Congress team for another great show. The logistics for our presentations and interviews were trouble free and the Health Value Awards were excellent. Already looking forward to next year!"
- T.J.Tedesco, Vice President, Customer Experience, Vivio Health
- "The 2018 Health Value Award event held in DC was amazing. Amazing event. Amazing presentations. Amazing collaborations. Amazing networking. Can't wait for the 2019 event."
- Richard Sutton, CEO, RE Sutton & Associates, a Division of Brown and Brown
- "We are honored to have won the Diamond Award, as a TPA, from the HVA and they recognized and validated our ability to reduce spend by self-funded Employers. We will be back next year with additional programs to be validated for continued savings."
- Jeff Bernhard, CEO, Continental Benefits
- "Integrated Musculoskeletal Care (imcpt.com) has gotten a lot of positive attention and business leads since receiving the Health Value Awards. We are convinced there is a causation."
- J. Mark Miller, President, Integrated Musculoskeletal Institute
- "Since winning the 2018 Gold Product/Program Health Value Award we've seen increased interest in our product and business model. We've been approached by brokers both locally and nationally for collaboration that recognized the award. The Health Value Awards do a phenomenal job in gathering healthcare's industry innovators. We'll definitely be incorporating the Health Value Awards, Validation Institute and Health Rosetta Institute into our branding. Looking forward to working with the HVA Team again!"
- Jourdan Miller, Director of Marketing, Access HealthNet
- "The Health Value Awards were incredible. The conference was amazing with great speakers, specific content, and a well thought out marketing plan. We will be back."
- Adam Russo, The Phia Group
- "It was a huge honor to have won the Diamond Award, especially amongst so many other innovative companies and programs. This award has provided us with further validation that our partnership with Vivio Health in the specialty drug space has had a profound impact both on our program’s success as well as in the lives of our employees!"
- Patrick Hervey, Manager II, Benefits, Talent Management
- "The ARAVIND EYE Care System is proud to be the Diamond Winner of 2018 in the Direct Health Care Category. The "Validate Institute" reviewed our performance, outcome measures and other parameters against their rigorous standards as well as against several other competing providers. This testimony not only reinforces our work and the processes behind them, but also energized our team to strive for greater heights. This recognition and its showcasing also opened new opportunities and networks."
- Mr. Thulasiraj, Executive Director, Aravind Eye Care System.
- "Having served as a lead judge on Best of the Blues (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) and URAC's Consumer Empowerment Awards, I am happy to be judging the World Congress Health Value Awards – like those programs we will be independently reviewing and looking for the best of the best!"
- Thomas Wilson, PhD, DrPH, Founder, Population Health Impact Institute
2018 Finalist Announcement
World Congress, The Health Rosetta Institute and The Validation Institute announce finalists by category in The 2018 Health Value Awards (HVA). On April 29th, the winners in each category will be announced at the World Health Care Congress conference at the Marriott Wardman Park in DC. The goal is to shine a bright light on health care organizations, purchasers and individuals that consistently deliver significant value, relative to their peers, within health care niches and that promote essential price and outcomes transparency.
More than 350 health care organizations and employers were nominated in 13 categories. In honorary categories - Outstanding Benefits Professional 2017 (Purchaser or Employer), Outstanding Benefits Broker or Consultant Leadership, Lifetime Achievement - Clinical Care, Lifetime Achievement - Health Benefit Innovation, Public Leadership - candidates could be nominated without submitting applications.
Finalists in validated categories - Third Party Administrators, Direct Care Providers and Product/Program Providers - were required to have their performance calculation methodologies validated by the Validation Institute to be eligible for an award. Once validated, each finalist application is independently reviewed by our panel of nationally prominent judges.
HVA participants are evaluated along two or three dimensions. In validated categories, each participant is required to satisfy the objective performance calculation validation requirement. Then a series of questions gauges the participant’s market viability. Finally, each participant is subjectively evaluated on the relative impact it can have in health care, as well as on the elegance or innovativeness of the solution.
The HVA team was delighted by the quality of submissions, and a good number of strong competitors did not make the finalist list. We believe the excellence on display in these firms is indicative of high performance that is readily available right now and deserving of attention in the US health care marketplace. We feel privileged to facilitate an approach that showcases these organizations, based solely on their performance.
As many as seven finalists (when final initial evaluation scores were too close to differentiate) are listed below, alphabetically by category, without ranking.
Health Value Awards Ceremony Winners
Third Party Administrators
Gold: Group Pension Administrators
Diamond: Continental Benefits
Direct Care Provider:
Silver: Health City Cayman Islands
Gold: Integrated Musculoskeletal Care
Diamond: Aravind Eye Hospitals
Gold: Access HealthNet
Diamond: The Zero Card
Silver: Palmer Johnson Power Systems
Gold: Redirect Health
Diamond: The Phia Group, LLC
Gold: City of Kirkland
Diamond: CHG Health Care
Silver: Rosen Hotels & Resorts
Gold: Metro Nashville Public Schools
Diamond: Intel Corp. HR Benefits Team
Outstanding Benefits Provider 2018:
Silver: Adam Russo, The Phia Group, LLC
Gold: Todd Bisping, Caterpillar
Diamond: David Hoke, Walmart
Outstanding Benefits Broker or Consultant Leadership:
Silver: Scott Haas, USI Insurance Services
Gold: Don Reiman, Echelon
Diamond: RE Sutton & Associates a Division of Brown & Brown
Lifetime Achievement Clinical Care:
Silver: John Noseworthy, Mayo Clinic
Gold: Dr. Devi Shetty, Narayana
Diamond: John Wennberg, Dartmouth Atlas
Lifetime Achievement Health Benefits Innovation:
Silver: Barbara Barrett
Gold: David Hoke
Diamond: Harris Rosen, CEO, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
Lifetime Achievement Public Leadership:
Silver: Leah Binder, Leapfrog
Gold: Dr. Devi Shetty, Naryana
Diamond: Harris Rosen, CEO, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
About World Health Care Congress
World Congress offers timely, innovative, and compelling research and advisory services to advance the health care, IP, and pharma industries. Through our educational events, we convene c-suite and senior-level executives from the health care, IP, and life sciences sectors to exchange ideas, discuss key market trends, and explore solutions to critical business challenges. Learn, network, and build lasting relationships with your peers and industry leaders.
About The Health Rosetta Institute
The Health Rosetta accelerates adoption of simple, practical, non-partisan fixes to our health care system. We help public & private employers and unions provide better care for 157 million Americans while reducing health benefits spending by 20-40%.
About The Validation Institute